Scholarships and Awards
Department of World Languages and Literatures Scholarships
- The Robert A. Fischer Endowed Memorial Scholarship ($500-$1,000) for undergraduate students majoring in French, German, or Spanish.
- The Elizabeth Topper Nash Endowed Scholarship ($750-$1,500) for undergraduate students majoring in French.
- The Roberto A. Galván Scholarship ($1,000-$2,000) for undergraduate students majoring or minoring in Spanish.
- The Corinda Crews Moeller Endowed Scholarship ($1,100-$2,300) for undergraduate students majoring or minoring in German.
- The Señor Cicero A. Rust III Endowed Scholarship ($500-$1,000) for an undergraduate student majoring in French, German, or Spanish.
- The Thomas L. and Helen E. Cox Endowed Scholarship ($800-$1000) for undergraduate students majoring in French, German, or Spanish.
College of Liberal Arts Scholarships
- The Garron Guszak Scholarship ($1,000-$2,000) for undergraduate students majoring in a Liberal Arts discipline (including French, German, or Spanish).
- The Harold and Betty Marburger Scholarship ($800-1000): The Harold and Betty Marburger Endowment in Liberal Arts for undergraduate students majoring in French, German, Spanish, English, Geography, History, or Political Science, AND seeking teacher certification.
National Honor Society Scholarships and Professional Organizations
French National Honor Society
- Pi Delta Phi, Texas State University chapter: Epsilon Tau.
German National Honor Society
- Delta Phi Alpha, Texas State University chapter: Epsilon Lambda.
- Bridging Scholarships (sponsored by the U.S.-Japan Bridging Foundation): The Bridging Scholarship program funds scholarships administered through the American Association of Teachers of Japanese to help students study abroad in Japan for a semester or an academic year. Undergraduate students majoring in any field of study and attending any recognized exchange or independent program in Japan are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- The JASSO International Scholarship (sponsored by the Japan Student Services Organization).
- Scholarships and stipends from the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP)
- National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society.
- Fulbright Scholarships. This program is designed to give recent graduates opportunities in personal development and international experience.
- Campus Fulbright Program Advisor, Dr. Lisa Haegele.
- The Good Neighbor Scholarship is a financial aid tool that provides students from eligible countries with complementary financial support.
Japanese Government Scholarships
- Association of International Education, Japan (AIEJ) scholarships (sponsored by the Japanese government). For more information contact Dr. Mayumi Moriuchi.
Scholarships for Minorities and New Americans
- This college guide provides useful information about the collegiate process and financial aid, including hundreds of scholarship opportunities available to minorities and new Americans.